Saturday 10 September 2011

Spacers :-/

A couple of weeks ago I had my first lot of spacers put in, 8 in total. This was in preperation for the expander that needs to go in the top of my mouth. I didn't expect it to be painful because they are just like tiny little rubber bands in between my teeth. But boy was i wrong. Those innocent little bands caused me enough pain to stop biting /chewing for almost the whole week. The main part was for three or four days after they were initially put in. But i survived! I guess this won't be the worst part of braces, so I have lots to look forward to.

Spacers... the tiny little blue things between my teeth

I went back a week later to have them removed and have some impressions taken. The gunk that they put in the mouth tray is disgusting, it feels like cotton wool in your mouth! I have a really sensitive gag reflex, so that's not much fun for me. But again... I survived. And the bonus was I didn't have to have the spacers put back in yet; I had a whole week of freedom!!! :-D

Tuesday is my next appointment and the spacers will be back in then, but I am ready for soft food now... I know what to expect.

One week after that... it's BRACES time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...And the expander... I'm getting all of my mouth 'bling' on before the surgery :-(

...Oh... I forgot to mention... I have tonsillitis atm, so I'm not sure if the ortho will even let me open my mouth for him. But I hope so as all the appointments will be totally mucked up if I don't follow them as they are scheduled for. Please pray that it'll be leaving me at least by Tuesday. Thanks :-D xx

No comments:

Post a Comment