Saturday 10 September 2011

My current background...

I am 28 years old and have been having wisdom teeth issues. They have been coming for years I thought, but this year they have actually cut through and have been causing me a lot of pain! I booked in to the dentist to see how much it would cost to have them all pulled out in hospital (half dead of course so I wouldn't remember any of it). The figure they quoted me was scary, but I had to have it done anyway.

Now I have had horribly crooked and crowded teeth all my life, and I decided if I was going to have my wisdoms removed, maybe I could be brave enough to finally get braces too. So I went for my first consultation with my Orthodontist. He told me he would like to remove some of my other teeth that have been filled and let the wisdom teeth move forward to be used like regular teeth. He asked me to sit down and told me that he would highly recommmend having the SARPE/SARME surgery (my top jaw broken), that means lots of money out of my pocket and more pain!!

I have been thinking and praying about this situation for a couple of months. I met with my surgeon last Thursday and asked him a whole heap of questions... I thought he would kick me out of there... But he was very patient with me and happy to answer my questions. The meeting actually put my mind at ease. I will not be having my jaw broken, it'll be fractured... so that sounds like a lot less pain, right? And I don't need to have my mouth wired shut or anything, what a relief!! So the surgery is booked for the 6th October 2011. I think I feel happy about it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment